The Youth and Young families are like free souls. There is not much of a burden of life’s responsibilities yet the energy is buzzing out to experience new things and places in life. There is a motivation to explore the world around outside the confines and comforts of their home. Travel is best enjoyed when done in a group. The resources are calculated while there is plenty of support for each other.
While travelling through train or by air is expensive, which also depends if these services are available near one’s dwelling, the most common way to go exploring is by Road.
While availability of a personal car is quite faint, the next most feasible option is to rent a Car. Car rentals are in fact a norm for travelling however this involves financial challenges because of the risks involved. Not taking care of important things and following rules can easily blow apart the travel budget and cause further problems as well.
Let’s go through the following mistakes that the young traveler should avoid while acquiring car rental services;
- Review pricing structure – Care rental service providers encourage to keep the car for longer periods and to attract the customer that rates are reduced. A 3 day rental
would cost more as compared to a weekly keep. For example rental for 3 days might cost $56 per day while a weekly contract could fetch a rate of $ 28 per day.
You can do the math from here and compare the cumulative numbers. The same goes for fuel as rental companies can charge penalties on not returning the fuel tank at the level of acquisition. So it is advisable to consider the time frame and fuel consumption while working your car rental budget.
- Buying Overpriced Insurance – Rental companies urge to buy extra insurance coverage as the boast that your credit card or other insurance might not provide you with full coverage. It is thus imperative that one must obtain complete information regarding car insurance coverage for car rentals. Failing to do so could inflate the budget.
- Paying for expensive accessories – You might me indulged to buy additional services and expensive accessories which you need to be sure to avoid considering your
budget. These could include GPS, satellite radio upgrade, and fuel packages per day. Usually GPS and radio is most commonly available in one’s cellphone so such additions should be avoided.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY
- Omitting Pre-Rental Inspections – Once a car is selected it must be ensured that the vehicle is comprehensively inspected with the company representative before taking off! You need to check that.
- The physical condition of the car is witnessed jointly. Scratch marks, engine condition and uncommon sounds, proper functioning of accessories such as the wind screen wiper or radio and fuel status, condition of tyres and spares should be thoroughly checked.
- You are going on a journey so better avoid inconvenience beforehand. Especially important visuals of the vehicle should be photographed for record to avoid unnecessary claims by the rental upon return.
- Inaccurate Time estimates upon return – Since the vehicles are charged on a time basis it is important to understand the “Per Day” connotation of the rent. Some rental
companies give a grace time however few could charge one complete day even if you are 15 minutes over the agreed 24hours. So need to clear this point first.
The Youth are still in a learning phase and sometimes they take things for granted or fail to plan their journeys. However the technology is there for you to look at all aspects of the journey in the planning face and later enjoy the trip to the fullest.